First, let me explain what you can do with the agile icons and templates
How can I use icons and templates best?
Steps to take:
- Determine who your audiance is
- How interactive should your story be?
- Based on step 1 and 2: what story do you want to tell?
- Does a metaphore help you to tell your story? If so, which metaphore?
- Determine the key elements of your story
- Choose icons and a template from the shop that fit the metaphore and key elements
- Open PowerPoint
- Insert the template (it fits perfect in a slide)
- Add the icons
- Add an animation to the images
Using an online tool like Mural, Miro, Lucid Spark?
- Add the PNG image (icon) or JPEG (template) to the online canvas
- Resize as desired (max width and height is 4200 px by 4400 px)
- Insert the PNG (icon)
- With a right mouse click you select as image setting ‘Before text’
- You can now place the icon anywhere you want on the page
Pro tip #1
Think accordingly to the ‘inverted pyramid‘: the most important information comes first. This means you will begin by visualising the essence of your story.
Pro tip #2
When you want to use many icons in your business drawing, choose a template with small lines.
When using many icons, you will have to resize the icons, which decreases the line size (and changes the ratio of lines)
Create an animated story in PowerPoint
Are you using PowerPoint to tell your story? Follow the next steps and you have created your first business drawing:
- Choose the digital template from the shop that matches the flow of your story.
- Also choose the digital icons from the shop that match the aspects you want to highlight in your story
- Download the template and icons and save them on your computer.
- Open a blanc PowerPoint and Insert the template and the icons from your file library
- Resize the icons and place them in the order in which you will tell your story
- Check: are the icons the right size and well positioned in the template?
- Add text where you think relevant
- Add an animation in PowerPoint to each icon (and text). This way the business drawing comes to life when you tell your story
- Do a test run and check if the animation flow is attractive and correct
- You are now ready to rock and roll